Fallen off the wagon

Ok, don’t panic, I got back on the wagon. lol Well i didn’t really fall off exactly, kinda learing on and off.  But, it is too be expected around Christmas right? Especially when people give me chocolates and candy as gifts since i did so well lol  I know people mean well and think it is a good thing.. and it is, if they said here, you did so well have a chocolate.. not here have a barrel of chocolates! lol I mean does an alcoholic put a bottle of vodka in the fridge and have a sip from time to time? No, they will drink the whole thing and probably go out and get more, right?… same thing. We can’t just put a box of chocolates away and have one from time to time, we eat the whole thing and want more… so needless to say I gained 8 pounds over the holidays lol

BUT… happy to report, i have now lost 6.2 of those 8! 🙂 and that is since tuesday! haha. Guess since i gained it so quick, it is coming off just as quick.

I know my last post, i said i would do my updates on fridays, well really i guess i will do them when i have something to say!

There is a song I have been listening to a lot lately, I believe it has to do with being addicted to drugs and falling off the wagon, but it goes for this to, since it is a similiar situation.. i am an addict as well… just not to drugs.  So if you know anyone who is going through what I am or something similiar(alcoholic, drug addict etc), please share the video with them.  I think it helped me in not going omg i screwed up, i can’t do it.  Stopped me from going there…

Oh and something else helped too… Around New Years Eve, I had ordered some clothes online.  I had been wearing 4x in my clothes, and they are getting a bit loose, so i figured I am between a 3 and 4x… so i ordered a 3x in the 2 tops and 2 pairs of jeans.  Figured then they would be a bit snug on me and I would have them for awhile… So, i get them, try them on and ummm they aren’t snug at all! In fact I could have gotten away with a 2x in the tops! I was beyond thrilled, and that motivated me. Anyways, here is a pic of me wearing the jeans and top. 🙂

003

So, now I have to go do my groceries, am running out of food.  Hope everyone has a great weekend! I still have to update my stats, I posted before I did that, but by the time you read this, it should be all updated 🙂 Have lost 68.8 total so far and 11.4 since October 8th(the start of my 100 pound year) So need to lose approx. 2.3 pounds a week every week to meet that goal. 🙂

Hope everyone has a great weekend! xo

Recent Comments

• January 9, 2010 at 11:06 am

Wow! Hang in there you’re doing great!

January 9, 2010 at 11:27 am

Keep up the good work. This is my 100 pound year. I am letting the whole world know what I am doing so this time it is not a secret. I have accountability partners all over the world helping me stay on track. You blog is part of that system.

January 9, 2010 at 11:35 am

awww, glad I can be part of your support system! Thanks for the kind words you two! xo

• January 9, 2010 at 1:59 pm

wow megan, i can totally see the difference in you! you are bang on with the comparison of food and alcohol, at least for me anyway. My advice about the sweet gifts is too give them to the first person you see, or throw them out if you must. The gifter will never know and out of sight, is out of mind!
    love you!
    ps im so clueless on the puter and there are no labels on the first 3 blank boxes above the comment boxy thingie and im haveing a hardtime figuring it out. what should be entered where? i know this is probly a big DUH on my part but i am Becca. thats why my email; is in everyone im trying to post but keeps giving me errors! ROFLMAO

January 9, 2010 at 4:07 pm

I can relate to every word Megan about the addiction. Wow, you nailed it on the head! I never looked at it that way before…. but I do now… and I think you just crushed that big wall that was in front of me. Thanks for that! 🙂 You’re awesome!!

January 12, 2010 at 11:39 am

Megan,
    You don’t know me, but I just wanted to let you know that you are awesome!
    Congratulations on your progress!!
    Keep up the good work.
    You are truly an inspiration to those of us that need to be doing the same thing, and I am more determined than ever to do something positive about my health (the weight loss will be a benefit, but I’m going to try not to focus on that…just the health).
    We are probably about the same size. I wear a 2X, but like the extra room of a 3X.
    The post you made (I also read your archive) about moving into a smaller cubby broke my heart, as I’ve always felt much of the same thing that you spoke about.
    It’s such an amazing thing to know that there are others that feel these things (most of my friends & family are considerably smaller than I am & really just don’t get it), that I feel honored to have the opportunity to share your journey.
    Best wishes for continued success, even when you have small set backs, as they are part of the journey.

January 12, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Thank you everyone!

Thank you for posting Carol 🙂 Yes moving to the smaller cubicle was so shocking to my system, getting used to it now, but still….

Thanks for your kind words 🙂

• April 18, 2010 at 9:51 pm

April 21, 2010 at 10:47 pm

Thanks for posting amy, feel free to comment anytime!! 🙂

• April 23, 2010 at 6:12 am